Monday, February 23, 2015

Responsibilities and colonoscopies


Hello, everyone

I'm fairly sure that I'm the only person on this planet that can complain about a week off school.
I'm telling you guys, it didn't feel like much of a break. My boyfriend was incredibly busy the whole time, and I felt a bit neglected.

Trying to catch my boyfriend's attention like so.

Really though, I was proud of my boyfriend for being productive over reading week. I know I was far from productive. I'm not very good at this whole "adult" thing, and I spent my week ignoring my responsibilities. Then I got depressed over not having anything done and that lead me to further neglect my to-do list.

I see my responsibilities and I'm like: 




 Today I've been feeling a bit miserable. I've had a cold sweat on and off all day. I'm sweaty, achy, feverish, and sore. That, of course, make it hard to focus on doing any school work. On the topic of endometriosis, I would like to share this video I found on the twitter. I implore you to watch it, as it offers a peek into life with endometriosis. 


Endometriosis is an absolute champ at wreaking havoc in one's life. In my experience, weird, scary shit is thrown my way. Some thing have become the norm. Daily pain, cramps, headaches, sleeplessness, leg pain, irregular bleeding, nausea, and vomiting are now "normal." Things that aren't yet normal include peeing blood and, er, well, bleeding from other areas. I was so freaked out that I called my doctor today and booked an appointment to discuss having a colonoscopy. 

Doesn't that just sound swell? 



This isn't something that I'm particularly happy to share out here on the interwebs, but here's the thing. Nobody really knows about endometriosis. Those that do know of the disease aren't aware of misery that accompanies this disease. Endometriosis is so often labeled as "bad period pain," even by doctors.  It's my mission (and the mission of many women with the disease) to raise awareness for this chronic illness. 

What better way to raise awareness for a disease than have a whole month dedicated to the damn thing? March is Endometriosis Awareness Month. Wear yellow on Thursdays and during the month of March to show your support.




No comments:

Post a Comment